Nonfiction by Cathy Glass
I have read all of Cathy Glass's books and I was excited to see that she had written a new one, and also a little surprised because I knew that she had retired from full-time foster caring.
But in this story, a former foster child called Lily arrives on Cathy's doorstep on Boxing Day, and Cathy gets involved in the girl's life. Although Lily had been adopted, the adoption had broken down in her teenaged years and Lily had finished out her youth in a group home. Now over 18, Lily is floundering and looks to Cathy for help.
This was an interesting story, but also kind of an upsetting one. Cathy does her best to help Lily, but the girl seems the type who leaves destruction in her wake. The reader wonders if maybe less help might have been better for all involved.
I also read recently by this author: Helpless

No comments:
Post a Comment