Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Name of This Book is Secret



No. Seriously. That's the name of the book.

The Name of This Book Is Secret (Secret Series #1)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

This is a kids' book I got for my daughter but she didn't like it. So I read it myself.

It was okay, kind of like the Series of Unfortunate Events, but this guy is not quite as good as Lemony Snicket.

I freely admit I was interested in the book purely for its title. I can be really shallow that way, judging a book by its cover and all.

A Visit from the Goon SquadOther books I have read simply because they had cool titles include:

A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Eagan

This one was pretty good, but I was disappointed in the ending.

(No I'm not telling you the ending. Giving away ending of books is against my personal code of ethics.)

How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It ComingHow I Killed Pluto and Why it Had it Coming by Mike Brown
I mean, who could resist THAT title?

I admit to skimming this one--like I said, I'm not all that into nonfiction--but it was pretty interesting.

I recommend it to anyone who's wondering why the heck Pluto's not a planet anymore.

(Short answer: It's Mike's fault.)

Anyways, I'm a sucker for a good title.

Now if only I knew how to WRITE one....

No comments:

Post a Comment