Monday, April 16, 2012

I Blame Eve

Subtitled: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues, and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes.

Nonfiction by Susanna Foth Aughtmon.

I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues, and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

I just finished reading an "advance copy" of this new book.

(I know you are totally jealous that I am cool enough to get an advance copy of a book.  I will admit I shamelessly emailed Susanna's publicist until they sent me one. But I am still cool, right? RIGHT?!)

This was a good book. It was entertaining and had some interesting insights also.

It was all about why we as women strive constantly to be perfect, and why we really shouldn't. (Since we CAN'T anyways! Duh.)

I think this book would be great for a Christian women's discussion group. It was not as great for reading straight through, which is how I generally like reading books.

In other words, I needed some time to think about each chapter. Which is actually a GOOD thing for a devotional/ Bible study type book.

So I'd definitely recommend this book to my own ladies' church group.

And yours too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment