Saturday, August 11, 2012

Heading Out to Wonderful

Fiction by Robert Goolrick.

Heading Out to Wonderful

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

Really good story, although a little dark near the end, in an unexpected way.

I got this book because I'd liked A Reliable Wife by the same author. That one also had a surprising twist to the dark side. Not that I'm giving anything away.

So, based on that other book, I got this one without knowing what it was about.

Still, I didn't really like the cover of Heading Out to Wonderful, or the title really, which are major deciding factors for me in book-choosing, as I am extremely shallow. So I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it, since I'd just gotten a large stack of library books and was running out of time to read everything.

But I decided to give this book a chance, and it got me with the first line:

"The thing is, all memory is fiction. You have to remember that."

Isn't that a cool first line?

No comments:

Post a Comment