Saturday, July 14, 2018

Murder at the Vicarage

Fiction by Agatha Christie.
https://m.barnesandnoble.com

I'm still working on re-reading through all of Agatha Christie's books in order on audiobook, and this one was up next.

This was her first book featuring Miss Marple. I'm not sure if the author intended to make Miss Marple the recurring detective character she became, because in this story she seems like she sort of popped out of the background to solve the mystery. I've always liked Miss Marple better than Hercule Poirot, though, because she's not arrogant like he is. I can see why Mrs. Christie wanted to keep writing her. 

I've read this book before, probably twice, and I still wasn't sure how it was going to end. Agatha Christie is the best!!


I also read recently by this author: The Big Four

No comments:

Post a Comment