Monday, November 26, 2018

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Fiction by Rick Riordan.


https://www.barnesandnoble.com

We listened to this story over Thanksgiving weekend on a car trip. (Yep. All eleven-plus hours of it. IN THE CAR. And when the story was over we still had an hour of driving to do. Family fun at its finest.)

The story was good, but nowhere near as good as the first Harry Potter book, to which I've heard it compared. It was very imaginative, and a fun rendition of what Mount Olympus and the Greek gods might be like if they were real, but the characters felt less believable to me than I'd like. Also I had some trouble with the stark paganism of the whole thing, as a modern Christian, which sounds weird, I know.

So, the book was good enough, but I don't want to pursue the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment