Monday, January 28, 2019

Lost Boy Lost Girl

Fiction by Peter Straub


https://www.barnesandnoble.com

I have read a novel coauthored by Stephen King and Peter Straub (see below), but never one by Mr. Straub alone. His style is actually pretty similar to Mr. King's, but less wordy and (I think) less character-driven. I did not like this book as much as the coauthored one, and I think it's because I didn't feel as invested in the characters.

Since it's categorized as "horror fiction," I suppose I should have expected the awful and creepy parts of this story, but I didn't feel like the good parts outweighed the bad. Also I didn't like the ending.

I did want to keep reading and find out what happened, so... I guess I'll give it half a thumb?


I also read by this author: The Talisman

No comments:

Post a Comment