Friday, September 20, 2019

The Institute

Fiction by Stephen King

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

Oh, Mr. King. I love your characters so much! Why are you so mean to them?

This book begins with Tim, a man who takes a job as "a night-knocker" (which seems to be kind of a security guard employed by the sheriff's office), and Luke, a brilliant twelve-year-old with a loving family and an early acceptance at MIT and Columbia. I liked both of the guys, but I just loved Luke.

Of course, I knew bad things were coming for this poor kid, and that he would eventually meet up with our man Tim somehow, but I had no idea where this story would really go. I won't ruin it for you  by saying any more (although the synopsis from the book jacket will give more information than I have).

This was a really good, although disturbing, book.


I also read recently by this author: Revival

No comments:

Post a Comment