Thursday, August 12, 2021

Such a Quiet Place

 Fiction by Megan Miranda


Harper lives in the quiet neighborhood of Hollow's Edge, which seems like a nice place full of nice people. But less than two years ago the couple next door to her were murdered, and one of those nice neighbors must have been responsible. Harper's own ex-roommate Ruby was convicted of the crime, and so the neighbors should have been resting easy with Ruby behind bars. But everyone is still on edge, and now Ruby is back...

This story has a great set up and the plot is not bad; however, I did not enjoy this book. I just didn't like the characters. I think the author was trying to set up a simmering suspenseful sort of atmosphere, and she only succeeded in giving me a vaguely unpleasant feeling.

Still, I really wanted to know what happened, and the ending was a surprise.....

I also read by this author: All the Missing Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment