Thursday, July 14, 2022

The Minders

 Fiction by John Marrs


In the future, information is currency and security is priceless. When a terrorist group called the Hacking Collective arises, their weapon is full exposure of all secrets, and every world nation lives in fear of them. In Britain, the government is coming up with more and more radical forms of hiding their nation's confidential files: first in moving lorries and then... inside the minds of human subjects?

You're going to have to really stretch your willing suspension of disbelief on this one, I've got to say. I felt like I was stepping around potential plot holes sometimes.

This story is set in the same near-future world as John Marrs's fabulous best-sellers The One and The Passengers, but I didn't like this one quite as much. It was still a solid thriller and a decent read.

I also read by this author: What Lies Between Us

No comments:

Post a Comment