Saturday, August 6, 2022

Dead by Dawn

 Fiction by Paul Doiron


Game Warden Mike Bowditch is driving down a frozen mountain in Maine just before Christmas when he hits a trap: someone has dropped spikes on the road. In an instant his tires are blown, and he's off the pavement and plunged into the icy river below. Now he has to survive, faced not only with the cruel winter elements, but also with whoever wanted him sent into the river in the first place.

This was an exciting book and I liked it, but I kept feeling like I was missing some back story, especially when the ending came. Well, it turns out this is number TWELVE in a series. Yeah, I was missing a LOT of back story. (Can I say it again: PEOPLE! label your series books!)

Still , I did like to story and the character, so I may go back and check out book number one. (Like I should have in the first place...)

No comments:

Post a Comment