Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Stella's Story

Nonfiction by Louise Allen


This is the first book in the "thrown-away children" series by Louise Allen, an author whose memoir I read recently (see below). Louise is a foster mother, like Cathy Glass.

Stella was born to a teenaged mum and then raised sporadically by her grandmother, her father, and a series of relatives until aged four, when she was found abandoned in a house with only a dog and the dog's food and water, naked and alone. A search goes out for her mother, but the reader is pretty sure she'll end up in foster care.

This was an interesting story, told a with little more dramatic style than the Cathy Glass books. I liked seeing different perspectives than just the foster carer's (Louise's), although I recognize that it's blurring the lines of nonfiction somewhat. I will look for the next book in the series. 

I also read by this author: Thrown Away Child

No comments:

Post a Comment