Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Cuckoo's Calling

Fiction by Robert Galbraith.

(Who is actually J.K. Rowling, apparently.)

The Cuckoo's Calling
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

 Really good mystery story. I'd say it's as good as Agatha Christie, only with  a liberal sprinkling of the "f" word. Which Mrs. Christie never used, of course. Since they didn't have that word in the twenties. (Or did they? Probably they just didn't feel the need to use it every five minutes like people do now.)

I'm pleased to see J.K. Rowling took my advice (see my post about The Casual Vacancy) and put this story under a pseudonym, as it is DECIDEDLY not like Harry Potter. Unfortunately, until it was "leaked" that Mr. Galbraith and Ms. Rowling were one and the same, no one was buying the book.

Now there's a waiting list a mile long at my local library.

Still, the book is great, whether you know who the author is or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment