Friday, October 20, 2017

The Double Bind

Fiction by Chris Bohjalian.

The Double Bind
https://www.barnesandnoble.com

Laurel, the main character in this story, is a crime victim who rebuilds her life as an advocate for the homeless and a social worker who ends up in the throes of an obsession with discovering the truth about the past of one of her clients. It seemed at first like a story like a woman with (what I call) hell-bent syndrome, but it turned out to be slightly different. There was a strange ending that I'm still slightly unsure about.

I'd say this book was good, but not nearly as good as others by Mr. Bohjalian I have read. (see below; also Midwives, which I read years ago, was very very good.)


I also read recently by this author: The Guest Room , The Night Strangers

No comments:

Post a Comment