Saturday, March 16, 2019

Killman Creek

Fiction by Rachel Caine

https://www.barnesandnoble.com
This is the sequel to Stillhouse Lake, which I read a few weeks ago.

That book was about a woman who discovered her husband was a serial killer who had been murdering women in their garage for years, and this one continues her story. I had not really felt that the other novel was too gory (as I'd been warned it would be, and as you might expect a serial-killer story to be), but this one crossed the line a bit. I started to feel pretty shocked and repulsed by the pervasive evil of the imprisoned ex-husband and his associates.(Yes, he has associates! People who want to help a convicted mass murderer! Who knew?)

This was still an exciting thriller but a bit upsetting. There is supposed to be a third installment in this series later this year, but I'm not sure about reading that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment