Thursday, March 7, 2019

Today Will be Different

Fiction by Maria Semple

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

At the beginning of this story, Eleanor promises that today will be different. She will be present in the moment, engage with her family, smile at people and look them in the eye, et cetera. She will stop sleepwalking through life.

Eleanor is a little nuts, by the way. I really identified with her too! (which tells you that I'm a little nuts also...)

Anyways, I found this story charming and fun, and really emotionally touching at times as well.



I also read by this author: Where'd You Go, Bernadette?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christie, this looks like a good one. I hope you'll have time to bring this over to Books You Loved: March so everyone can see it. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete