Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Last Thing She Ever Did

Fiction by Gregg Olsen


I got this book for free on kindle from amazon.com. I haven't joined their kindle unlimited club thing, because I don't really like e-books unless I'm desperate. This is one of my desperation reads. Apparently I have only "borrowed" it, but I don't know how to give it back. I guess next time I'm desperate (i.e. I want to read and have no physical book with me), then I'll try to return it and borrow another book.

But I digress.

At the beginning of this story, the main character Liz makes a huge mistake and spends the rest of the book trying to cover it up, or recover from it. It gave me "Oh-No-I-Can't-Look-Syndrome"** so badly I couldn't finish it for a long time.

I'm glad I did finish the book, because it had a surprise at the end. 


**Oh-No-I-Can't-Look Syndrome

(See also The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager)

That's when you know a main character is making a major error in judgement that's going to have huge and terrible consequences.






No comments:

Post a Comment