Sunday, March 28, 2021

I'll Be Gone in the Dark

Subtitled: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer 

Nonfiction by Michele McNamara


Michelle McNamara was a writer obsessed with finding a serial killer. She spent years and years researching and writing about the "Golden State Killer," a name she coined for a man the media had called the East Area Rapist in the late 70's and early 80's and who had become a murderer as time had progressed.

Then Michelle died unexpectedly before finishing her research. This book, therefore, was partially written by her and partially constructed after her death from her notes and magazine articles. The result seemed a little muddy to me, and I felt like the story lacked focus. It rambled around, and I thought it should have been way more interesting than it was.

Still, I read the whole thing because I wanted to know if they ever caught this guy....



No comments:

Post a Comment