Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Nothing to See Here

 Fiction by Kevin Wilson


I hate this cover, but I loved this book! I have literally put off reading this novel because the cover is so ugly, despite the many good reviews I've read.

Don't be shallow like me; go ahead and read it!

The story follows a woman in her late twenties called Lillian, who has been coasting though life and living with her mom since she was kicked out of school at seventeen. Then she's offered a job opportunity from Madison, an old friend who happens to be a Senator's wife, and figures why not? Madison tells her they need a nanny/governess, and emphasizes the need for discretion. When Lillian meets the kids (from the Senator's first marriage), she discovers they are very unusual in a nearly paranormal way.

They catch on fire.

Wait, what? Don't try to explain it; just go with it and enjoy the story. This novel is quirky and funny, and heart-warming and sincere.

I also read by this author: The Family Fang

BTW I suggest this artwork for an alternative cover; it's from the New York Times review of the book:

See? Isn't that pretty? You can be weird and not ugly!

Yeah, yeah; I know. I'm just jealous because I didn't write this little jewel of a story and I'm nitpicking...

No comments:

Post a Comment