Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Boy With the Tail

Nonfiction by Grace Hunter



Although I still prefer paper books, I am getting more used to reading on the app on my phone. This is good, because this book appears to be only on Kindle ebook.

This is a true story from a British foster carer, much like Cathy Glass (see Mummy Told Me Not to Tell), but Grace Hunter is much newer at the fostering game and seems to bring an earnestness to the table that is fresh and fun and a little naïve.

In this book, Grace and her husband take on a little boy named Teddy. He is seven, the same age as their own daughter, but Teddy is very developmentally delayed and seems much younger. I liked the story and really felt I'd gotten to know Grace and her family, as well as Teddy. It was a good short read.

As for the tail, which is is an eye-catching feature on the book, does the boy really have one? You'll have to read and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment