Friday, September 9, 2022

The Wife Stalker

 Fiction by Liv Constantine.


This story centers on handsome and charming lawyer Leo Drakos and the two women vying for his attention: faithful Joanna and horrible Piper. Joanna wants to keep Leo by her side, but Piper is not to be deterred by wedding rings or conventions. Caught in the middle are the children: Evie and Stelli, who only want their home life to remain the same.

This story gave me a big case of "Oh-No-I-Can't-Look-Syndrome."** I couldn't stand to see Joanna allowing herself to get rolled over by Piper's aggressiveness and Leo's heartlessness. But there was a big twist coming that would change all my perceptions... or just make me irritated and sorry I'd read the thing at all.

I didn't like this book. Maybe if I had been able to skim some of it, I would have felt better, but that's pretty impossible in audiobooks. I did want to know what happened at the end... but there were some dangly ends there too.

I also read recently by this author: Misconception

**Oh-No-I-Can't-Look Syndrome

(See also Hush Little Baby by Suzanne Redfearn)

That's when you know a main character is making a major error in judgement that's going to have huge and terrible consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment