Thursday, November 16, 2023

The Truth About Things That Suck

 Nonfiction by Mindy Anderson


This book was recommended to me by a friend who has had way more than her share of adversity. The author of the book has also been unfairly dealt a big helping of trouble: held all of her life by a crippling and progressively worsening disease that keeps her in a wheelchair and dependent on other people for some of the smallest tasks most of us take for granted. But she makes a great case for how attitude really is everything, keeping a positive outlook while still being realistic about how much life can suck.

Here’s an excerpt: When paralyzed by fear and in a situation that felt insurmountable:

“I did the only thing I could: I took the next step. Every. Single. Time… Minute by minute and day by day, I did what came next. I tried not to think about what came after that. I just focused on the task before me.”

Wow. This is great advice type book and I can see why the author is a successful motivational speaker. It was not as much of a story as I usually like, but still a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment