Monday, August 27, 2018

Ready Player One

Fiction by Ernest Cline.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

This book was way better than I expected.

I saw the trailer for the recently-released movie based on this book and thought it looked like a lame concept: the guy who was best at video games could rule the world? Please! That sounded like a gamer fantasy on steroids. Oh, yeah sure, LOSER. Your lonely joystick-gripping "skills" could really pay off in the apocalyptic future. A story only for geeks, I thought.

And, to be honest, the story is one giant gamer fantasy, but it is so cleverly written that I loved it anyways.

It's definitely worth reading.

Oh, and listening to it on audiobook, read by Will Wheaton, was even better. Maybe I'm a bit of a geek after all...


No comments:

Post a Comment