Thursday, October 15, 2020

Phreaks

 An Audible Original /Fiction by Matthew Derby

https://www.audible.com

This was a fun story about a girl in 1970 who is obsessed with the telephone. I really enjoyed it.

By the way, it pains me slightly to categorize a book set in 1970 as "historical fiction." However, it is an accurate description.


SIDE NOTE: Hey, Audible Original designers and promoters? This cover is a masterpiece! Number one: You had me at Christian Slater. I still haven't gotten over 1988's Heathers or 1990's Pump Up The Volume. He lives in my heart. Number two: This picture of the old-timey phone is great. I'm all, "You kids today don't know what it's like to have to use a rotary dial and only go as far as the phone cord will reach!" This thing is just so perfectly aimed at my demographic, I HAD to love it!

I also read recently from Audible Originals: Escape From Virtual Island

No comments:

Post a Comment