Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Transcendent/Outlier/ Catalyst/ Dissident

Four Book Series; Fiction by Lisa Beeson.

https://www.amazon.com

Kira Riley begins the first book of this series on the run at twelve years old, fleeing from she's-not-sure-what, and knowing that her family believes she's dead. The books follow her for the next year and a half or so as she matures and learns to fight the evil that forced her from her home.

These book started out really good; I enjoyed the characters and the plot twists. There were some editing problems and grammar errors in my Kindle edition and some draggy parts, but I was pretty sold on the story. At the end of book four I was excited to see the conclusion; however, the author left some major loose ends hanging. I don't know if she planned to write more and was interrupted or what, but this was sold as a four book series and there aren't any other books out there. Just leaving us hanging? What the WHAT?!?!

I'll give this a thumbs-up for keeping me engaged for so long, but I sure wish I knew what happened next...



No comments:

Post a Comment