Sunday, November 1, 2020

Another Gospel?

 Subtitled: A Lifelong Christian Seeks Truth in Response to Progressive Christianity

Nonfiction by Alisa Childers

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

I read the first chapter of this book as a “teaser” advertisement on Facebook and it interested me a lot. I bought the book on kindle and read at least half of it while waiting for a prescription at the military hospital. (It was a LONG wait, obviously.)

This is a memoir written by Alia Childers, who was in the popular Christian group Zoe Girl in the early 2000’s. She is a Christian woman raised by devout parents who experienced a crisis of faith as an adult.

I really recommend this book to any Christian who is wondering how to answer those who ask, “How do we know the Bible is true? And does it even matter?” The author had her faith well and truly shaken by these questions at a vulnerable time in her life, and came back so much stronger after searching for the answers. 



3 comments:

  1. I heard Alisa Childers speak in Murfreesboro a few weeks ago. She has a terrific life story. I've been looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus" by Nabeel Qureshi? It's about a Muslim's path from Islam to Christ and it's one of my all-time favorites.

      Delete