Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Doctor Sleep

Fiction by Stephen King

 https://www.barnesandnoble.com

This book is the sequel to Mr. King's classic The Shining, which (gasp!) I have not read. I decided not to go back and read that one because I generally don't enjoy "horror" stories, and it's pretty clear that's what that book is. This book, however, was different.

Doctor Sleep is the story of Danny, the little boy from The Shining, and what happens to him as he grows up. It's spooky, but does not fully turn into a horror book, in my opinion. It's mostly a character story about the grown-up Dan and how he lives with his strange abilities.

I enjoyed this book, and have successfully proved that you don't HAVE to read the first book in order to understand this one.


I also read recently by this author: Elevation

No comments:

Post a Comment