Saturday, September 23, 2023

The Stranger in the Mirror

 Fiction by Liv Constantine.

Addison is a young woman about to marry the man of her dreams, a guys she's only known for six months. That's not the real problem though; the problem is that she's only known HERSELF for two years because she lost her memory.

That's right, it's the AMNESIA TROPE!

Okay, I almost stopped reading at the beginning because I think amnesia as a plot device is generally lame; however, I decided to give this book a chance since I have really liked some of this author's books (and disliked some, unfortunately; see below).

I'll say the plot did resolve itself well eventually, and justified the memory loss as a real medical possibility for the character after everything was revealed. And there were a couple of big surprises! But it took longer than I would have preferred to get past the lame part.

So.... it was a good but not great thriller.

I also read by this author: The Wife Stalker (UGH), Misconception (meh), The Last Mrs. Parrish (great!), The Last Time We Met (good)

No comments:

Post a Comment