Friday, December 6, 2013

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess

Nonfiction by Jen Hatmaker.

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

Okay. This was a great book, and inspirational. "An experimental mutiny against excess," she says.

Oh, that really resonates, doesn't it?

But it's also...problematic. I mean, I'm an American.

Excess is my life.

Although we (probably) all agree we SHOULD "make do with less," and that "less is more," and really "it's better to give than to receive".....

We really like having all our stuff. Or at least I do.

This book was definitely food for thought.

And, although I (ironically) finished reading about how I should be spending-consuming-wasting less today, while scarfing a fast food hamburger after Christmas shopping......

I'd definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment