Thursday, July 7, 2016

Love Unexpected

Fiction by Jody Hedlund.
Love Unexpected (Beacons of Hope Series #1)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

I have said before that I don't usually enjoy reading "straight romances," by which I mean not heterosexual love stories, but rather stories in which the romance between the characters is the entire plot. So normally I would not have chosen to read this book simply by looking at it. (i.e. judging it by its cover, har har!) Everything from the title ("LOVE Unexpected") to the picture (pretty white lady in period clothing) makes it look like a garden-variety Christian Romance Novel.

But since I had read another book by this author (Luther and Katharina) which I enjoyed, I gave this book a shot. And it was pretty good! There was definitely a lot going on with these characters beside just the lurrrve part.

No comments:

Post a Comment