Thursday, February 9, 2017

Hidden Figures

Nonfiction by Margot Lee Shetterly.

Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

I was interested in this book in the beginning because of the prologue; the author actually knew some of these women and was able to interview them. Oh, and the movie that's out right now with the lovely poster of three pretty black ladies dressed like Jackie Kennedy. That was also quite a draw.

Unfortunately I had a lot of trouble getting interested in the book past the prologue because the story seemed more about the history and atmosphere of Langley than about the ladies. I guess I shouldn't expect nonfiction to read like fiction, though. I'm just not as interested in this type of book as I should be. Still, it isn't the book's fault I'm not smart enough to enjoy it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment