Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A Time To Stand

Fiction by Robert Whitlow.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

This was a great story about a current issue, the "Black Lives Matter" movement.

It's timely for me to think about this issue right now; as a shooting in my own hometown mall just took place over Thanksgiving and is blowing up my Facebook news feed with friends on both sides of this issue. It's a hard thing, and I feel for everyone involved.

A Time to Stand is a fictional account of a white policeman shooting an unarmed black teenager in a small Georgia town, and I feel like the author does a pretty good job of showing both sides of the story truthfully. It definitely gives you something to think about.


I also read recently by this author: Chosen People.

No comments:

Post a Comment