Sunday, May 5, 2019

Revival

Fiction by Stephen King.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

Jamie Morton first meets Charles Jacobs, the man he calls his nemesis, when he is six years old and Jacobs is around twenty-five, but it is hard to see any darkness in their encounters at first. Indeed they appear to share a truly positive connection initially. But they are fated to encounter each other many times over the next fifty years in this strange story, and everything ends badly.

Stephen King can write such amazing characters! I felt like Jamie and his family and everyone else in this book were completely real, and it as impossible not to care about these people. Of course, that makes it all the worse when terrible things begin to happen, and in King's work terrible things always seem to happen. Still, sometimes there is is enough good in the story to make it worth reading, and the characters are so compelling!

Unfortunately, I felt like the awful ending ruined this book. Looking at the reviews on b&n.com, (see above) I find I am not alone in that opinion. I can't give this one a whole thumbs-up, but I will give it a half because the first part of the the novel was so good.


I also read recently by this author: The Outsider

No comments:

Post a Comment