Tuesday, December 10, 2019

The Long Call

Fiction by Anne Cleeves

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/

I had this author recommended to me by someone who mentioned her Detective Vera books, so when I saw that she had a new series beginning I decided to try her out. (I've mentioned before that I feel like series detectives get a bit stale after several books, so that's why I'm often reluctant to jump into an established set of detective stories.)

DI Michael Venn (introduced with this book) is definitely of the brooding tortured variety of detective, although I think I like him well enough. This story was good but not great; I was surprised by the ending and also rather let down by the sordidness of the solution to the mystery. I'm not sure if I want to read more of these stories or not. Still, it was an absorbing read.


No comments:

Post a Comment