Sunday, May 31, 2020

Star Wars: Join the Resistance

Fiction by Ben Acker and Ben Blacker


I'm not really a "Star Wars" person. I'm not saying I'm not a nerd, but I'm not the kind of nerd who has memorized entire comic book/science fiction universes, or the kind who knows how to speak Klingon. I go to these kinds of movies, but I have to ask my husband what they are talking about sometimes.

Funny story: When the original "X-Men" movie came out (2000), comic book movies were much less mainstream than they are today. My husband and I went to see it in the theater and I swear I was the only girl in there. The surrounding pack of male nerds were side-eyeing us and wondering if maybe one of THEM could get a girlfriend too someday. Now when we go to the new films in the franchise, it's full of couples. I like to think we gave those dudes the confidence they needed.

But I digress. 

What I was saying was, even though I'm not a "Star Wars" person, these were super fun stories to listen to. I really enjoyed all of them (it's a trilogy), and they can be for kids or adults.


I also read by these authors: Cut and Run

No comments:

Post a Comment