Wednesday, January 5, 2022

I'm Thinking of Ending Things

 Fiction by Iain Reid


I did not like this book.

Without spoilers, I can't explain why, but UGH. Apparently I'm not the only one. The reviews are mixed between those who say, "I hated it," and those who say, "You only hated it because you're stupid. If you were smart like me, you'd love it."

Here's an interesting quote on goodreads.com from reviewer Edward Lorn:

This book is a perfect example of negative reviews selling a book. Specifically Shelbs's and Kells's reviews. I had to see what all the fuss was about. So, yeah, the negative reviews of this book sold me. I paid money for this book based solely on negative reviews. Some authors need to hear that. They need to let that s**t sink in. Are Shelbs and Kells stupid for not getting this book? Nope.

At least he doesn't think we're stupid, to be fair. But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment