Sunday, April 23, 2023

When We Had Wings

 Fiction by Ariel Lawhorn, Kristina McMorris, and Susan Meissner


Penny, Lita, and Eleanor are three women who befriend each other in the Philippine islands as World War Two begins. All three are nurses; one is in the Army, one is in the Navy, and one is a Filipino native. After the Pearl Harbor attacks, the islands are captured by the Japanese, and the women become prisoners of war.

This story covers an interesting period in the Pacific theater of World War Two, a piece of history I knew little about. I enjoyed learning about this time; however, I didn't love this story. I don't know why. There was something about the three narrators written by three different authors that didn't gel for me. 

Every review I've read of this book is very positive, so I don't know why I didn't like it as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment