Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Twist of the Knife

 Fiction by Anthony Horowoitz


Apparently this is number FOUR in a series of books of which I have read none. I REALLY wish they would label these things...

To be fair, I understood the plot of this story just fine without having read the previous novels. The author is pretending (at least I'm pretty sure he's pretending) to be actually narrating real events he gleans from following a murder-solving detective around. It's as if the great Mrs. Christie herself used her own name in the place of Captain Hastings and narrated Poirot's exploits as if they were true. (I mean, they can't really BE true. Right?)

Anyways, this time Mr. Horowitz himself is accused of the murder! The story was interesting and convoluted; I was surprised at the end. I didn't love the characters.


I also tread by this author: Magpie Murders

No comments:

Post a Comment