Fiction by Caro Claire Burke
I had heard a lot about this book, and everyone was saying it was amazing. I was on the waiting list at the library for over six months, but then I gave up and instead purchased it on audible.com. I did not like it as much as I had anticipated. Actually, I didn't like it at all.
I knew the general premise: Natalie is a housewife and social media influencer who claims to be all about traditional values and going back to "yesteryear" as a wife who lives to support her husband and serve her family. But what happens when she actually wakes up in the year 1855 and sees what "yesteryear" was really like?
The idea was promising, but in my opinion the execution was terrible. It turned out that I hated every character in the book (except the little kids of course). Natalie and the "trad-wives" were unpleasant; the feminist "angry women" were even more so. I kept waiting for the book to get better and it just got worse. I freely admit to skipping through the last 1/3 of the book to try to find out the ending, only to discover that it was also terrible.
I do not recommend this book.

No comments:
Post a Comment