Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Big Bottom Blessing

 
Subtitled: How Hating My Body Led to Loving my Life
Nonfiction by Teasi Cannon.


My Big Bottom Blessing: How Hating My Body Led to Loving My Life

Okay, I'll admit I totally picked this book because of the title. I mean, who could resist, right? But it turned out to be really good.

Here's a confession: I have major body image issues. By which I mean, I hate how I look. Really, really hate it. The symptoms of this disorder are mirror avoidance,  a tendency to scream please-don't-take-my-picture, and a general air of apology for the amount of space I have to take up while offending the eyes of all.

Apparently, Teasi Cannon, the author of this book used to feel the same way. Her descriptions of how she felt looking in the mirror was spot-on with my own experience. It was amazing to see someone else with the same problem. Maybe I'm not crazy after all?

Anyways, the book is about how she overcame this problem by realizing that God loves her the way she is. Because He made her! She learned to see herself the way God sees her.

Well, I'm still working on that. I will probably need to read the book again.

In the meantime, don't take my picture, okay?

(TWO THUMBS-UP)

No comments:

Post a Comment