Monday, November 20, 2017

Innocent Foxes

Fiction by Torey Hayden

Innocent Foxes
https://www.barnesandnoble.com

I read a rather scathing review on the b&n page (link above) of this book that pretty much gave away the whole plot, but in a bad way. The reviewer was angry that the book was not what it appeared from the front cover.

It's true that was more of a thriller-type novel than the heart-warming tale that the pretty-pretty cover picture, and indeed the synopsis, seems to indicate. I think the publishers are trying to make the book look like Torey Hayden's more popular books, which are nonfiction and are heart-warming. So that may be a mistake on the part of the marketing team, but that doesn't seem the author's fault. Also the title isn't quite right, but I'm not sure what I'd suggest instead.

I really enjoyed it, since I LOVE thrillers, and I like being surprised by plot twists. So don't read the review by anonymous, just read the book!


I also read recently by this author: Overheard in a Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment