Sunday, March 18, 2018

Just What Kind of Mother Are You?

Fiction by Paula Daly

Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
https://www.barnesandnoble.com

What if you were supposed to be watching a friend's child and you forgot? And then something happened to the child....

In this story, Lisa's daughter Sally was supposed to bring her best friend home to spend the night after school, but then Sally got sick and stayed home from school that day. Lisa was busy at work and forgot to call and cancel the sleepover, and neither she nor Sally even remembered that the sleepover had been planned until the child did not show up for school the next day. Then Sally called her friend, and the friend's mom said, "Isn't she with you?" Then Lisa receives a panicked call from Sally and realizes she forgot about her kid's best friend.

This premise scared me, because I never feel like I'm on top of things. It seems there is always something I'm forgetting, niggling at the back of my mind. Maybe every mom feels like this.

This was an exciting thriller with an ending I did not expect.


I also read by this author: The Mistake I Made

No comments:

Post a Comment