Saturday, March 3, 2018

The Mistake I Made

Fiction by Paula Daly

The Mistake I Made
https://www.barnesandnoble.com

Just from the title, one can tell that this story is about a woman who does something she shouldn't have, and faces some tough consequences for it. So I knew that this book was in danger of causing Oh-No-I-Can't-Look-Syndrome, which can be difficult to read because of the way you cringe while watching your main character careen obliviously towards certain disaster.

But, interestingly enough, this character was trapped so very neatly into to making the aforementioned mistake that I actually felt she couldn't have done anything else. So that made the story much more readable and interesting... plus I was pretty sure she wasn't quite as doomed as she seemed.

It's a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment