Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Little Sister

Fiction by Patricia MacDonald.

https://www.amazon.com

This book, published in 1986, could not be found on barnesandnoble.com, where I usually find my cover images, and a search of the title "Little Sister" on that site earned me a look at a whole bunch of Babysitters Club books, and some smut books I'd rather forget I saw the covers of. So, take my advice, and don't look there this time. I did find the correct book on amazon (above) and goodreads.com.

This book was really good, though. It's about a girl named Beth who has escaped her dinky hometown and is working in the big city when she hears the news that her father has died. She has to go back for the funeral and confront her past, including her teenage little sister Francie, whom Beth blames for their mother's death. (You'll find out why!) But Beth discovers that Francie may really need her to put the past away and be a big sister now.

I recommend everything I've read by Patricia MacDonald, including this story.


I also read recently by this author: The Girl in the Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment