Sunday, March 3, 2019

Stillhouse Lake

Fiction by Rachel Caine

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

My mother's book club read this book a couple of months ago and she said it was terrible.

So I hurried to the library to get it.

Well, not exactly.... What my mom said was, that the book was very exciting but that she thought there were too many gory details and so she didn't like it. But she DID go ahead and read the sequel right away, so maybe it wasn't as terrible as she'd claimed. AND she proceeded to explain the beginning of the book to me in detail.

This book begins with a nice woman called Gina coming home with her two kids in the car, only to find out that the police have discovered her husband is a serial killer. A REALLY BAD serial killer. (Hence the gory details.) She'd had no idea, but nobody cares about that and it seems the public, and in particular the internet, is eager to condemn her (and the KIDS!) along with him. She is forced to change her name and go into hiding in order to keep her children safe.

That's an interesting beginning!

And I don't think the gory details were as bad as all that. I've certainly seen worse. (Remind me not to tell Mom what kind of stuff I've been reading...)



ANYWAYS... This was a really good thriller and I'm looking forward to getting the sequel.


No comments:

Post a Comment