Monday, April 6, 2020

The Last Time I Lied

Fiction by Riley Sager

https://www.barnesandnoble.com

Fifteen years ago, Emma was a thirteen-year-old spending her first summer at a camp for rich girls when a tragedy struck and her three cabin-mates disappeared into the woods. The girls were never found, and Emma still hasn't really gotten over it. Then she gets a chance to go back to the camp, this time as a counselor, and, hoping to find closure, she decides to take the job. And stay in the same cabin. Supervising three girls.

Gee. Do you think that's a good idea, Emma?

This was pretty good and the ending was a real surprise. But, just like with the last book I read by this author (see below), I experienced an awful lot of "Oh-No-I-Can't-Look-Syndrome."


I also read recently by this author: Lock Every Door

**Oh-No-I-Can't-Look Syndrome

(See also Liar by K.L. Slater)

That's when you know a main character is making a major error in judgement that's going to have huge and terrible consequences.


No comments:

Post a Comment