Monday, April 18, 2022

Death Game Quality Assurance

 Audible Original Fiction by Andrew Rowe

In this story, a team of gamers work on "quality assurance" for a new video game, which is basically playing it in order to test for problems before the game is released.  How could that be dangerous? Wait and see...

Okay, I didn't like this story. I did think the voice acting was really good, but the story was not great. It may be just because I'm not into video games, although I have enjoyed some gamer stories, such as Ready Player One. Usually it's the characters that make the story for me, and they just didn't here.

Still, there was one great joke in here, made at the expense of Ready Player One, and it might have made the whole listen worthwhile. That pulls it above a thumbs-down.

I also listened to recently by Audible Originals: The Wrong One

I also read by his author: How to Defeat the Demon King

No comments:

Post a Comment