Sunday, November 27, 2022

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires

 Fiction by Grady Hendrix


As you might guess from the title, this was a strange book.

In the early nineties, Patricia Campbell is a nice Southern lady in a book club with other nice Southern ladies. But when the children of her town are threatened, it might be time to not be so nice....

Even though I'd never read anything by this author before, I got it on audiobook because there was a narrator I love, Bahni Turpin (see Andrea Vernon and the Corporation for Ultra-Human Protection.) But it was a little to descriptive and slow-moving to be a good listen; I think I would have liked it better in print. Also, it gave me a bad case of "Oh-No-I-Can't-Look Syndrome"** in the middle. Still, it was an interesting book with some surprises.

** Oh-No-I-Can't-Look Syndrome

(See The Wife Stalker by Liv Constantine)

That's when you know a main character is making a major error in judgement that's going to have huge and terrible consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment