Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Script by J. K. Rowling and Jack Thorne.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts I & II
http://www.barnesandnoble.com

TAGLINE: The Eighth Story. Nine Years Later.

Excuse me, y'all, while I go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE Harry Potter!!! This is so fabulous!!! I can't believe it!!!

All right, I will calm down now and stop acting like a tween at a One Direction concert. (Wait. Do tweens still like One Direction? I don't know. But you get the idea.)

First of all, if you haven't read ALL SEVEN Harry Potter books, stop what you're doing NOW and go read them. I'm not kidding. GO!!

I say this because this script will only be interesting (or even possibly comprehensible) to you if you already understand what happened before.

Also because the first seven Harry Potter books are all TWO THUMBS UP.

Anyways, I love this script and the further plot twists it had in store for grown-up Harry and his family. My only gripe is, well... It's a script. It's not a novel. It is just bare bones compared with the masterful writing of the first seven novels.

And I get it; that's the way it was meant. J.K. Rowling is tired of intricately drawing us into the Harry Potter world; she just tossed out a (wonderful) plot and threw it at a (very good) scriptwriter. And don't get me wrong! It's a great script.

But still... I wish it were a novel....



No comments:

Post a Comment