Friday, January 19, 2018

The People We Hate at the Wedding

Fiction by Grant Grinder.

The People We Hate at the Wedding
https://www.barnesandnoble.com

I'll admit it: This is one of those books I chose just because of the title. Isn't that title fabulous? (To see other books I chose for this ridiculously shallow reason, click here.)

It's about an American brother and sister who travel to England to attend their fabulously wealthy half-sister's wedding. (Obviously the half they share with her is the non-wealthy one.) It was a good premise and I initially liked the repartee between the gay brother and the clever sister.

Unfortunately, I grew to hate the characters more and more as it went on. They stopped being witty and started being petty. I don't know. It just wasn't any fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment